Premium RUSH! Response One RUSH! Response - one time fee. When you need the answer to your question FAST!
Premium PRIVATE Forum When privacy matters. Now you can ask April your question, and get her response, in complete privacy. Your question will never be displayed publicly. Only April will read it, and only April will answer it.
Go to premium plans page
Confidentiality is protected, however your post and account cannot be edited or deleted once it has gone live on the forum. No exceptions.

desperately in need of advice

Dear April,
I am from India and met this Indian guy who is been staying in USA for past 5 years through one of the matrimonial site.He has one younger sister who is now marrried and stays in Europe. We have been talking to each other from last nine month or so and i am very emotionally attached to him(thinking of living without him makes me horrible) and we were even planning to get married in three months time. Everything was going very smoothly untill he told me that once before his sisters marriage while she was coming out of the bathroom after bath her towel slipped and he got aroused seeing her. Later his sister told me that he even touched her private parts. When I enquired him about this he told me that they even had sex that day and later continued this relationship till she got married. And even after her marriage they still had for a few times.He had earlier told me about all his girl friends and his experiences with them to me but this relationship with his sister has shocked me. Though this might be common in US but being from India I am not able to take this lightly.Though he insist (even she says so) that he loves me and want to marry me. But I am so shocked to learn this that I am not able to decide what should I do. I appreciate their honesty but thinking of sleeping on the same bed he used to sleep with his sister is making me sick.

Please advice whether I should continue with him and marry or leave him.
Waiting for your reply
Yours sincerely,
Sumi

Re: desperately in need of advice

First, no, incest is not common or acceptable in the US.

Second, you are involved in, and (dare I say) considering marriage into, a very, very unhealthy situation.

I would strong advise against continuing any type of relationship with this guy... And to immediately delete from your psyche any thoughts about marrying him. What I would recommend you do is encourage him to get some professional help.
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert and popular media resource —  author of four relationship advice books, the 'Ask April' advice column and the #1 free relationship advice forum where over 27,000 questions have been asked and answered, personally, by April. She has nearly a quarter million active forum members, 620,000 Facebook fans and over 1.4 million Twitter followers.