Premium RUSH! Response One RUSH! Response - one time fee. When you need the answer to your question FAST!
Premium PRIVATE Forum When privacy matters. Now you can ask April your question, and get her response, in complete privacy. Your question will never be displayed publicly. Only April will read it, and only April will answer it.
Go to premium plans page
Confidentiality is protected, however your post and account cannot be edited or deleted once it has gone live on the forum. No exceptions.

Kissing on the First Date?

Hi April, I know many people ask "is it ok to have sex on the first date?", however, my question is much more conservative... "should you kiss a man on the first date?" (I mean a "real" kiss). If not, how many dates is a respectable amount of time, without being over the top? I know I'm a bit "old school", but I'm recently divorced after a very long marriage and never really dated much prior to that. Thank you for you advice.
Brandy

Re: Kissing on the First Date?

Well, there's really no set amount of time one should wait for the first (real) kiss. What I would say is that you should to do what feels right for you. If you are very, very attracted to a man and you feel like kissing him, there's nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, if you're unsure about how you feel -- definitely don't... "Thank you" along with a kiss on the cheek, after a date, is appropriate. That said, men do like a chase and if you elect to passionately kiss him on a first date -- I would recommend stopping there... with one kiss.

The key is to keep him wanting more.

Desire and wanting... it's "the wanting" what makes all of us feel alive and it's what keeps men coming back for more.

Also, just for the record, I am a firm believer that the man needs to be the one who initiates... be that a date, a kiss, a commitment or sex.
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert and popular media resource —  author of four relationship advice books, the 'Ask April' advice column and the #1 free relationship advice forum where over 27,000 questions have been asked and answered, personally, by April. She has nearly a quarter million active forum members, 620,000 Facebook fans and over 1.4 million Twitter followers.