Please call 310.288.6611 to schedule an interview or consultation with April Masini.

-blank-

Dear readers and forum members:

Due to the demands of a new project I must suspend our forum activity. I am so sorry.

I wish you all the very best, always.

April

https://www.aprilmasini.com
Confidentiality is protected, however your post and account cannot be edited or deleted once it has gone live on the forum. No exceptions.

Kissing on the First Date?

Hi April, I know many people ask "is it ok to have sex on the first date?", however, my question is much more conservative... "should you kiss a man on the first date?" (I mean a "real" kiss). If not, how many dates is a respectable amount of time, without being over the top? I know I'm a bit "old school", but I'm recently divorced after a very long marriage and never really dated much prior to that. Thank you for you advice.
Brandy

Re: Kissing on the First Date?

Well, there's really no set amount of time one should wait for the first (real) kiss. What I would say is that you should to do what feels right for you. If you are very, very attracted to a man and you feel like kissing him, there's nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, if you're unsure about how you feel -- definitely don't... "Thank you" along with a kiss on the cheek, after a date, is appropriate. That said, men do like a chase and if you elect to passionately kiss him on a first date -- I would recommend stopping there... with one kiss.

The key is to keep him wanting more.

Desire and wanting... it's "the wanting" what makes all of us feel alive and it's what keeps men coming back for more.

Also, just for the record, I am a firm believer that the man needs to be the one who initiates... be that a date, a kiss, a commitment or sex.
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert, author of 4 books and the #1 relationship advice forum, blue-chip corporate spokesperson and preferred go-to source for the world’s most prominent media and news outlets.