Please call 310.288.6611 to schedule an interview or consultation with April Masini.

-blank-

Dear readers and forum members:

Due to the demands of a new project I must suspend our forum activity. I am so sorry.

I wish you all the very best, always.

April

https://www.aprilmasini.com
Confidentiality is protected, however your post and account cannot be edited or deleted once it has gone live on the forum. No exceptions.

What Should I do?

Last year I met a girl while at an event. I liked her immediately, and to my surprise she wanted to follow me around all day. We (I think) hit it off. We even share hobbies. We are both ambitious students, so we don't have much time but we did hang out after that. The more I tried to get close the more it seemed like she viewed me as a friend. A bit ago we stopped hanging out. We still talk on facebook (no phone #) and talk in the hall. We are both tutors at our college I tutor math and bio, she tutors chem, so we work in different buildings. I'm not good at chem, so I applied for a tutor not thinking about her. Later she messaged me saying she was my tutor. Last week I went to tutoring, and we hung out after. She said she missed me and wanted to hang out. It seemed like she was giving me some kind of invite. After that she was very active. She messaged me a lot, she even sent me random videos. It seemed like she was making excuses to talk. Tutoring came this week we talked the whole session and hung out after. She made a big deal about giving me her number. She even said that she was going to come by my building to bring me stuff?It seems like she likes me and wants me to do something about it. But I'm bad at reading emotions. I fear everything is just my imagination. I have zero experience with this sort of thing so I'm already scared, and then I'm confused on top. I don't know if it's all in my head. I mean I'm not anything special. What should I do?Do I make a move?If so how?

Re: What Should I do?

She likes you. :) And since you like her, too, you should take this relationship out of the friend zone. Instead of just making a move -- ask her out on a date first. Tell her you really like spending time with her and you want to take her to the movies or out for coffee or a desert on Saturday night, just the two of you -- no tutoring. Just fun. Since you both work so hard, maybe even get her to take a day trip with you -- giving yourselves a break isn't just good for you as individuals, it's a great way to get to know each other further, and to bond over the date. Go to the beach together. Take a road trip if you have a car. If you don't have a car, take a day trip on a train. Do something crazy fun and romantic. And then, kiss her on the date. Make your move after you've taken her out. You need to get out of the routine you're both in and transition this into a romantic adventure, not just an academic one. :) It's okay to be new to all this, and it's okay to be uncertain -- but don't let those facts and any anxiety associated with them stop you from asking her out and having a date to move things closer to a romance. Hope that helps!
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert, author of 4 books and the #1 relationship advice forum, blue-chip corporate spokesperson and preferred go-to source for the world’s most prominent media and news outlets.

I think you both like each other, before making any move you just ask her for a date and meet her face to face and spend some time to know more about each other. Just make her laugh and feel comfortable so that your relationship may take a new move automatically.

Starting to date can be a scary proposition -- especially for people who don't have experience and worry about rejection. But.... if you don't take the risk, you won't reap the rewards! Getting over that hump is important. And, besides, remember that rejection is actually a great gift because if someone says no, you'll get a clear hint that it's time to move on and find someone who IS interested in dating you. :)
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert, author of 4 books and the #1 relationship advice forum, blue-chip corporate spokesperson and preferred go-to source for the world’s most prominent media and news outlets.

My friends think I'm nuts, but I think it's true love. What do you guys think?

I met this really sweet lady online a few months ago. Everything’s going really well, we exchange emails back and forth, we chat as much as we can, we even exchanged snail mail cause I thought it would be a really nice throwback to when handwritten letters was the way people communicated.

Now I want to go visit her, in Costa Rica, but my friends are saying that it’s way too early in the relationship to even consider. They keep saying that nobody falls in love that quickly.I have a really good feeling about this relationship. I think that seeing her in person would be a great first step to making this really work.

But to be honest, my friends are starting to get to me, and I just need to make sure that this is a good idea. What do you guys think? Are we moving too fast? Am I making a fool of myself?

Thanks for your question! Please start a fresh thread for your question so that the person who posted here can get advice that is just for them. Here's the link where you can post a question: premium Happy Holidays!! And I look forward to hearing from you directly -- not as a reply to someone else's post