Premium RUSH! Response One RUSH! Response - one time fee. When you need the answer to your question FAST!
Premium PRIVATE Forum When privacy matters. Now you can ask April your question, and get her response, in complete privacy. Your question will never be displayed publicly. Only April will read it, and only April will answer it.
Go to premium plans page
Confidentiality is protected, however your post and account cannot be edited or deleted once it has gone live on the forum. No exceptions.

Re: Did I come on too strong and can I fix?

Moving on after a breakup, especially when the relationship was long-term, can be very difficult. Not everyone has the social and emotional tools to be straight with you, following a break up -- or even leading up to one. And feelings aren't always straightforward! That's why you'll see behavior that may seem indirect or passive aggressive, or back and forth. People who break up with you do the best they can with what they have, and while it's frustrating and sometimes hard to grasp what's going on or if it's really over, it's important to try and keep perspective so you can have a handle on what YOU should do next. Clinging to strands of the ending relationship and giving them meaning that they don't really have, is common -- when it's hard to let go.
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert and popular media resource —  author of four relationship advice books, the 'Ask April' advice column and the #1 free relationship advice forum where over 27,000 questions have been asked and answered, personally, by April. She has nearly a quarter million active forum members, 620,000 Facebook fans and over 1.4 million Twitter followers.

Re: Did I come on too strong and can I fix?

"Fixing" relationships is often tricky business because what one person think is a fixed relationship may not seem like a fix at all to the other person. When there's a breakup involved, it's best to get the most closure you can, and then to shift your focus towards your future, and away from your past. ;)
April Masini is a relationship and etiquette expert and popular media resource —  author of four relationship advice books, the 'Ask April' advice column and the #1 free relationship advice forum where over 27,000 questions have been asked and answered, personally, by April. She has nearly a quarter million active forum members, 620,000 Facebook fans and over 1.4 million Twitter followers.